Remote work is rapidly growing these past years. A lot of companies are embracing it by choice or constraint due to the recent health pandemic :
Some notes about how to work efficiently remotely.
How to be efficient?
- Work is clearly defined and well scoped
- Communicate effectively, provide daily updates and document everything
- Ask for help if you are stuck
- Find a routine that works for you
- Have daily social breaks during the day
- Dress up like if you were going to work
- Have a dedicate setup at home
- Plan in advance your roadmap
- Travel to meet your team once or more every year
- Provide explicit feedback
My current set up
- MacBook Pro 16’’
- Standing Desk with Ikea tabletop
- Autonomous ErgoChair2
- Samsung 27’’ curved monitor
- Magic Trackpad 2
- Magic Keyboard
- HDMI to USB-C adaptor
- Bose Quiet Comfort
- TaoTronics Light
- Logitech Webcam
- SteelSeries Mouse Pad
Transitioning to working remotely? GitLab is sharing everything we’ve learned as the world’s largest all-remote company.
Download the Remote Work Plabybook now, and please don’t hesitate to ask me for more information.